Friday 30 September 2016

Top of Goat Scar Lane

Top of Goat Scar Lane -  Oil on Board 8" x 6"

I have been suffering of late, from a bit of 'painters block' with my aerial perspective... I don't know why - all of a sudden it feels like the recession in the paintings just doesn't work right. I know all the facts, I generally adhere to the rules, but aerial perspective has been a bit of an 'issue' - hence the reason there are a few pochades recently with little distance, this one however has - in order to get out of my comfort zones of water and bridges! This one - I have manned-up and gone for it albeit in a very simplistic way and stuck to the rules. The view is at the top of Goat Scar Lane, looking towards the west and the Ribble valley, beyond the gate to the right is the path down to Catrigg Foss, one of the many 'not to miss' sights of this part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment