Monday 12 September 2016

HSE gone mad...

HSE Gone Mad, Oil on Board 8" x 6"

Aye, its even spread to the relatively quiet outpost of the Yorkshire Dales. Large, red, yellow and white warning signs appearing on delapidated barns highlighting the dangers that might befall should anyone stray too close or let the curiousity get the better of them. I painted this from the relative saftey of 50m away, just in case the barn should collapse, I didn't want to take any chances.

Strangely enough in the 45minutes it took me to paint this pochade, no part of the barn collapsed, no slate dropped off,  no beam fell crashing to the floor despite the warning signs emblazoned on its gable. Is it me or is this absolutely ridiculous? I know farmers have got to CYA, but to plaster warning signs around the countryside to mitigate against litigation - is that a justified response?
Whatever the reason - the sign does add a splash of colour to the image, and I didn't have to add the obligatory colourful figure walking up the track.



No comments:

Post a Comment