Monday 12 September 2016

Goredale - Pochade

Pochade - The Approach to the Scar. Oil on Board 8" x 6"
 
Yeah I know, I know... how clicheed? I don't care if Turner painted it - it is a wonderful spot on a summers' day, and a fantastic place to camp. Goredale Scar in Malhamdale HAS to be one of the highlights of the Dales, so much so as the family and myself walked down the hill from home to Stainforth Foss, a bunch of foreign gentlemen (foreign  - from overseas - not Lancashire) showed me a picture of Goredale Scar on their phone and asked directions to it. The gorge itself is the product of a collapsed cave system, and a public right of way exists up the waterfall in the heart of the chasm.

Again the pochade took about an hour to paint, and I was amazed by how much the earth had rotated in that hour, glad I got the shadows down first and didn't do my usual trick of chasing the sun and proloning painting unnecessarily.


No comments:

Post a Comment