Sunday 18 September 2016

Bad Bend Blackberries

Blackberries - Oil on Board 8" x 6"


A quick pochade of Mrs B risking life and limb picking blackberries for a record 16 pots of jam, which should keep us going through the winter. This was more about testing out a new (to me) technique of quickly blotting down the basic tones using W&N Promarkers and then applying the paint. I don't know about you, but I like to try things out before reading about other people's horror stories about doing exactly what I had just done - same with these Promarkers. I just bought the 2, a grey and a black in order to build a 3-point of tone to my sketch, and they worked like a dream, even better in fact as I went over the rough pencil sketch with the grey tone and the pencil didn't run or discolour the oil paint. So far I am glad to report - no nasties have appeared, (such as the alcohol based marker leaching through the finished painting).

Ok so its not strictly in the Dales National Park but near enough...


No comments:

Post a Comment