Sunday 1 October 2017

The Escapist

Never seen the film, neither (I suspect) has this sheep. Looking up one of our little green lanes near Stainforth in the Dales, the sheep hadn't escaped but I needed some subject matter and although an autumnal lane is a pretty subject - I felt it needed more, so in went the rear end of a sheep and out came a nice catchy title.

The Escapist, Oil on Panel. 8" x 6"

This was mostly painted with a big (1") decorators brush (certainly half of the picture was at least) using a limited pallette on a sienna-stained MDF panel, which I think works well here. I am trying to get a more looser style to these small 8" x 6" boards, and I am chuffed with the way the composition works out, all designed (by luck rather than judgement) to take you on a journey up the lane to whether or not there is a gate at the top.

The title on the painting is a nod to one of my favourite artists, Peter Brook, and its a little focus using one of the colours not employed in the painting itself. I rather like it, and will probably be employing its use in the future.

Most (!) of the works are available, check out the website and drop me a mail if anything catches your eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment