Saturday 13 January 2018

Disappointment


Following a 7 mile walk in the drizzle of the southern Pennines, what could be more welcoming than a pint, a bowl of soup and a nice roaring fire? The title is the feeling you get when you find that the target of your quest is shut, and only open in the evening! The pub is the Packhorse Inn on the Widdop-Heptonstall road, and on trip advisor it has excellent reviews although I wished I had read them more clearly as it does state that it's shut at lunchtime! Schoolboy mistake - Next time I plan a walk I will double check the opening times of hostelries...
Disappointment - Oil on Board 10" x 8"

Again there are parallels to one of my all-time favourite artists, Peter Brook, and again although I am not trying to emulate him, unfortunately the landscapes of the south Pennines have his mark all over them and it is difficult to avoid the similarities. A friend of mine told me recently that I do dreary and bleak really well, so onward and upward, I just hope it doesn't reflect my demeanour.



No comments:

Post a Comment