Wednesday 12 October 2011

Swaledale Ewe

Thinking of a catchy title for a sheep is not an easy task for it not to sound to cheesy, painting it however was a dream. It was one of those paintings I completely lost myself in, starting first with the head and the facial details, going mad with the fleece, and then almost as an afterthought the blurred walls, and finally the grass. I guess this isn't the proper way around a canvas, but hey, I'm enjoying it, and no-one has ever told me the rules so I guess there are none to be broken.

"Are ewe looking at me?" Oil on Canvas 18x14"


For those who are interested, she is another swaledale ewe, the same sheep in fact as the previous posting of 'steves sheep' (yeah another catchy title), painted from a photo (another slap on the wrist) over a number of weeks (but only three sittings, which were orientated around work). I remember saying something about sheep and walls, and clichee... can't quite remember what... but regardless, the sheep in question evolved from the fact that I really enjoyed my previous sheep experience, and I think she's a winner.

I've got a few more projects on the go, but as I'm away for the rest of October and most of November I may just update this site with some previous paitings.

No comments:

Post a Comment